Thursday, June 27, 2019

Pace Setter 70-1183 Black Exhaust

Pace Setter 70-1183 Black Exhaust Header

Pace Setter 70-1183 Black Exhaust Header

This will fit the 2WD 22RE 4Runner Automatic even though there's another model (Pace Setter 70-1184 ) that says its for 2WD pickup and 4Rrunner which I doubt would actually fit a 2WD 4Runner that has factory 4x4 suspension parts and isn't as low as the 2WD pickup. I bought this model mainly because Amazon had one that was an open box return which was unused and the original manifold had some cracks/leaks. This kit comes with cheap paper type gaskets that work okay, I only used the one for the head of the engine since the old gasket was worn out and temporarily reused the egr gaskets since they're a flexible metal gasket. once I had everything assembled and started the engine I noticed an exhaust leak in between the mating surface of the header to head which had an empty spot for a bolt, the factory manifold blocked that spot so I used the bolt that held egr pipe onto the factory manifold to plug the leak. It will smoke for awhile burning off the protective rust coating, as far as power increase I didn't notice a difference and doubt you will unless you do some other upgrades, the only difference I noticed was that the exhaust note became a little louder

If your looking for an affordable boost in horsepower this is the header for you, this header bolted on perfectly to my 22re engine, every thing matched up it was good! the only complaint I have is the paint is the lowest grade possible it will burn of int the first couple drivings, so make sure you buy a can of 2000 degree high temp VHT paint to coat the header with, but if your not building a show truck it wont matter! have fun!

Was a little unsure if I should order this online, but do not regret it. All the pieces were there and I had no problems putting it in.

Only took me about an hour to install, fitment was good but not perfect would probably fit better on a stock or ifs truck, touches my rear front leaf spring hanger a little bit on my sas 91 pickup and was a pain to get the center bolts on the egr tube to fit other than that so far so good

Working great on my 1992 4runner


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • CNC-machined, port-matched thick steel flanges provide postive seal at the head and unrestriced flow into the primary tubes
  • All tubing is mandrel-bent, 16-gauge carbon steel for excellent durability
  • Available with standard black paint finish or optional ARMOR*Coat metallic ceramic coating
  • Unsurpassed fit and easy to install with basic skills
  • Gaskets included

Description

Affordably priced PaceSetter Headers are one of the best ways to improve your vehicle's performance and efficiency. By reducing exhaust back pressure and scavenging the cylinders better, these headers provide a noticeable improvement for any application. Fits 90-95 Toyota pickup, 4Runner, 4WD, with 2.2L or 2.4L engine.



Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment