Friday, August 9, 2019

Chemical Guys Gap_VKIT_101 V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish and V38 Final Polish (16 oz) (2

Chemical Guys Gap_VKIT_101 V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish and V38 Final Polish (16 oz) (2 Items)

Chemical Guys Gap_VKIT_101 V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish and V38 Final Polish (16 oz) (2 Items)

I just recently started using Chemical Guys products and I've got to say that I really like every one of their products so far. The V36 and V38 brought a shine to my car that made it look better then New!! These compounds worked better the Meguires Ultimate polish which I doubted they would. Left side is Chemical Guys V36-V38, right side is Meguires Ultimate polish. I didn't need to get into a cutting compound to remove scratches but it needed a little more then the Meguires polish can cut. It's pretty easy to see the deep Ruby Red on my MKZ with just 2 steps of Chemical Guys V- line polish.

Been using meguires and gotten great results, but looks at this! They say pictures are worth a thousand words. You be the judge.

Sorry I didn’t take a pic prior but I can tell you it was reaaaaaalllly bad, the claying part alone took over 4 hours to complete. 13 years of neglect prior to my ownership.

Keep in mind I did use a DA with appropriate cutting and finishing sponges.

Great combination. Regardless of how many compounds and polishers with different grades, these are the only 2 you need.
One for removing swirls and scratches, the other for the final polish. And put on a layer of sealant or wax. That's it and you can end your miserable saga of buying all kinds of chemicals becoming an exponential problem when you are making life more difficult for yourself. These compounds applies easily, with very little residue. Just tape off the trims and use a polisher and you will love the final result.

Take your time using this, and you will be rewarded. I started by giving my car a thorough wash, clay bar treatment, then wiped it down with 70% IPA alcohol to get all of the chalky oxidized material off. I gave the car a gentle buffing with v36 and wipe off with clean microfiber cloth, then repeated with v38. Last step was to apply a coat of sealer, and my car looks new. The car stays cleaner too.

This is top notch stuff. Used this on my 8year old black Nissan Titan and I was amazed at the luster I was able to restore. I was so impressed I bought more to finish off my truck and my wife's minivan. Recommend applying with a dual action buffer machine from Chemical Guys as well. Makes life much easier.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Produces a perfect swirl-free finish
  • Ultra refined cutting polish
  • Removes moderate to heavy paint defects and imperfections
  • Delivers perfect results permanently without filling in or covering up
  • Can use with a rotary or a DA machine

Description

The Chemical Guys V Line of compound and finishing products have gotten plenty of positive feedback from detailers and enthusiasts alike. The kit includes 16-ounce bottles: (1) V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish and (1) V38 Optical Grade Final Polish.



The V36 is the killer, makes clear coat really shine when used with TORQX dual action polisher. The V38, not so much. In CG's video, the guy tells you to shake it before use, but they are highly viscous and shaking the bottle doesn't do much. When using it on the entire body, leave the bottle upside-down so that it is easy to extrude the contents and you don't have to squeeze the bottle like Hulk Hogan.

This was the first time for me to use a dual action polisher, and it worked very well followed by muscle aches on both arms, shoulders & hands.

I already trust Chemical Guys, and I like that these polishes don't have flashy marketing to catch the eye. After reading the review, I pulled the trigger and got this two step polish. If you have a really marred surface and the compound leaves swirls or it's just not as clear as you want it to be, these polishes will do the trick. No dust, easy to clean, smells like a clean bathroom which can be a plus or a minus depending on who you are. I didn't need a lot of product to get the results I wanted.

I'm not a person who typically writes reviews, but after the results I've had by using this stuff, I felt almost obligated to.
I recently purchased this 18 year old truck. It had 18 years worth of oxidation on the back half of it. The front portion had been repainted and the previous owner opted not to have it completely repainted. Not really knowing what I should do I did a little bit of reading, read some reviews, and watched a few tutorials and ended up choosing the Chemical Guys 36 and 38 kit. I started to do this by hand, which quickly changed into using a random orbital with a few different pads. I applied the 36 to cut down the oxidation, then followed up with the 38 to make it shine. I then followed up with some carnauba based wax to seal it up. Needless to say I'm very pleased with the results as you can tell in the photos. Yes, that is the exact same truck!

I had heavy oxidation and other coatings of oils, overspray etc. and the V36 and V38 worked flawlessly. The V36 paired with the orange foam pad by Chemical Guys cut down all of the ugly coatings and oxidation. I followed up with th V38, which smells amazing, and was able to remove all swirl and spiderweb-looking scratches while providing a good polish. I afterward used the CG Extreme Top Coat carnuba was and sealant. I am amazed at the way my old 98 4Runner looks!

Just used these with a the chemical guys orange and white pads on a DA polisher. The surface I was attacking had several scratches. Some were too deep to remove entirely, but even the few that survived the polish are almost invisible now. I followed the instructions provided by CG in their YouTube channel (this was my first time ever doing a paint correction), and it was almost too easy to do it right. Given that experience, if I ever need more cut I'll order the 32/34 combo.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment