Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Griot's Garage 11263 3" Wax Pads (Set of

Griot's Garage 11263 3" Wax Pads (Set of 3)

Griot's Garage 11263 3

Awesome pad!! It does suck up product, but otherwise it holds together and spreads wax and polish evenly. So here's my run down scale 1-10, 10 being awesome, 1 being don't use or buy:
Durability (does the pad maintain form with multiple use, that is it does not flake up gunk up or fall apart): 10
Usability ( can the pad be used for more than one application): 10
Absorption (how much product does the pad absorb): 7
Spread (how well does the pad spread product): 10
Abrasiveness ( can you use it for heavy cutting): 1 **This pad is soft, you could use it for lite swirls or very lite scratches***

Overall, the pad is good, I used it to spread paste wax, micro polish, regular wax. The only caveat to this pad is it takes FOR EV ER to dry if you wash it out.

I've been using Griot's products for years and these waxing pads do exactly what they're meant to do. This is replacing the older Griot's waxing pad that lasted almost 2 years which I used numerous times on waxing our 2 full size suvs along with a couple other vehicles belonging to my parents and brother. A good tip: I soak the pad in a mixture of Dawn liquid soap and water for about 10-15 mins before giving it a good rinse. It helps remove the majority of the built up wax on the pad and keeps the pad nice and clean for the next job.

I've had a Griot's orbital buffer for several years but until now I've used it only for polishing, not for waxing. A friend introduced me to a Griot wax that is best applied with an orbital buffer using these special foam waxing pads. I decided to give them a try, and this pad does the job admirably well. My '92 Porsche 911 Targa, my '95 Corvette ZR-1 and my daily driver 2002 Ford Focus SVT never looked so good.

As the headline says, uses a lot of product. That, in turn, makes application take longer and cleanup nearly impossible. I tried cleaning out all of the leftover sealant from the foam but it wasn't enough and some dried up inside the foam. It's right on the affordability spectrum where buying a new one for every application isn't that bad, so if you can afford it, I recommend going that route. Otherwise try finding something that reviews say doesn't absorb too much.

Quality Griots Garage product that you all know and love. Bought this pad to fit on my orbital waxer. Its opponent - a BLACK 2006 Trailblazer SS. I drive this as my daily, all year round in Wisconsin, so it sees ALL of the weathers elements.

I take care of my vehicle's paint with handwashing, claybar, protection, and stay away from any kind of brushes or automatic car washes.

Wash, clay, buff, wash, polish, wax
Anyways, Ill just let the picture do the talking...


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 3 inch diameter
  • Hook and loop backing
  • Spreads wax evenly for maximum appearance
  • Foam material keeps product on the surface, not absorbed in the pad
  • Designed for use by hand or with the Griot's Garage 3 inch random orbital

Description

There's no better way to apply wax to your finish. These soft, 3 inch diameter red foam wax pads put down a thin, even coat that not only contributes to easy wax removal, but uniform color as well. When used with Best of Show Wax, Carnauba wax or paint sealant, you'll cut your application time in half. Use this method once and you'll be addicted for life. Delivers the correct amount of wax to tight, hard-to-reach areas of the paint's surface in a non-aggressive manner. Holds the wax on the surface (unlike cotton pads that soak up wax). Rinses clean by hand with warm water. Safe and easy for proper hand or machine orbital wax application. Set of 3.



I bought the Griot's garage 6" random orbital polisher and the buffing pads because the pads were also available locally if I needed an extra. It's been a long time since I buffed and polished a car and I was worried about swirls that you would sometimes get with the older buffers and the terry cloth covers. But I watched A LOT of videos online so I felt comfortable with today's foam pads.

I bought this set to compare it to the polishing pads Griot's has. I wanted to see if there was a difference or if they were just selling the same thing in a different color. They are definitely different. The waxing pads are a softer foam than the polishing pad. They are perfect for applying wax without burnishing it or polishing it (obviously). They contour nicely and are very controllable when using the Griot's polisher. I will buy these as I wear the ones I have.

These pads are made up of super soft foam, so there is no cut to these pads.

I use these along with the 3 inch palm holder also made by Griots. The biggest advantage comes from having way more control over how thin I can apply the wax, which we all know is key for easy removal.

Only drawback is the size. Being 3 inches across, this may have a harder time fitting in wax pots if it has a narrow opening.

WOW my waxing has never been so fast and easy and looked so good with so little effort. I honestly had no idea waxing could be so easy and that the application pad would have such a huge effect on the results. Had I known I would have bought this years ago!! Thanks Richard.

Used these today to apply Chemical Guys Jetseal and Butter Wet Wax. Went well as expected, easy to clean.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment