Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Akebono ACT888 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad

Akebono ACT888 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set

Akebono ACT888 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set

Be aware that there was a mid-model year change on these pads. If your car was made before / up to / including November 2005, you need the ACT 969s. If it was made after November 2005, you need the ACT 888s. I ordered the wrong pads the first time, and had to pay for a return. Really well made pads, an exact fit, but I reused my factory shims. The factory uses two shims, and the Akebono pads ship with only one. I don't know if this would make a difference, but I didn't want to take a chance and do the job twice, so I took the shims from the old set and reused them. They work great, stop smoothly, and don't make any noise. Hope this helps.

Okay, I should have left a review sooner, but it actually 'works out' that I didn't. Bought these pads and had them installed in May 2012. I selected these because the "claim" was they would be good in reducing brake dust residue.

Well, it's now September 2015 and I am FINALLY needing to replace them. Also, the ENTIRE time...absolutely NO brake dust...period! I am now preparing to order another set ask the way around!! Will continue to do so! Get These!!

Amazed at the out-of-box performance of these pads. More smooth and progressive bite allows me to accurately modulate the brakes and allows more precise threshold braking. Paired with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. I still had healthy rotors so I didn't replace them, but am curious about how much better it would be with a good set of performance rotors.

per several reviews i had decided on these for front brakes and rotor replacement for 2006 infiniti fx35. per user AZLUGNUT review he saved me tons of time and heart break on ordering wrong part numbers... THANKS!
I would recommend these pads... i have had them on for 6 months now and had no noise issues, and seems to have great grip and stopping power in conjunction with the linked rotors ... will buy again...

Centric Parts 120.42092 Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating

I fell in love with akebono. Good bite no noise and low dust. Has great cold bite too. Last a long time.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Ultimate upgrade for OE semi-metallic, organic and low-metallic brake pads
  • Ultra-Quiet - controls noise, vibration and harshness levels
  • Superior initial effectiveness with no required break-in period
  • Extremely rotor friendly for longer rotor life
  • Vehicle optimized ceramic formula for superior performance

Description

The Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic brake pad will restore or enhance Domestic and Asian OEM vehicle braking performance - delivering ultimate solutions for noise, vibration, harshness, dust and pedal pulsation. Akebono is the largest supplier of original equipment pads and the #1 choice of automakers in North America.



I bought these front brake pads for my 2013 Infinity FX37 because the old brake pads would squeal every time I pressed the brakes. After installation I was surprised to have a better performance in stopping the vehicle and also no brake dust residue on the wheels. Now my SUV stops smoothly and doesn't make any noise.

My recently purchased 06 G35 was leaving brake dust on the aluminum rims. Had purchased Akebono pads for my Maxima in the past.Pads arrived in 2 days box was marked with correct part number pads were marked differently. Called customer service and was extemely satisfied with the help I receivedNew pads were shipped and received by the weekend so I could change them and a shipping label was sent to return the first set. As it turned out they were the corect pads but customer service went above and beyond to please this customer. I would give a 6 star rating if availabe. THX Amazon

What can I say they are Akebonos

Just replaced my bakes with EBC rotors and these Akebono Pro Act Ultra Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set and so far they are really nice. I like that I barely have to press down on the brake pedal to get the car to stop. They have good grip. I currently drive a 2007 Infiniti G35X. Compared to my other pads that I just replaced, these are much smoother. Hopefully they last a while and I will increase my rating to 5 stars.

Went on my 2007 G35x with slotted EBC rotors. Best combo for this car in my opinion. Break in is simple. Just avoid aggressive driving for about 300 to 500 miles and you are good to go. Love them.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment