Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Chemical Guys Gap_619_16 Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer (16

Chemical Guys Gap_619_16 Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer (16 oz)

Chemical Guys Gap_619_16 Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer (16 oz)

Very expensive. Is it worth it? Yes. A few days ago after washing and claying my car, using a griots garage DA, used: Meguiars Ultimate Compound, Ultimate polish, Mothers 3 step Ultimate wax system and then finished with Mequiars NXT nano wax. My arms were killing me and I must have sweated 3 gallons. Car looked nice but for all that work it wasn't popping they way I hoped. It was shiny and reflective but it didn't look like I could dive into it like a pool. So I ordered Black Light and V7 sealant.
First off, I was weary. Everyone hypes their products. The V7 (read my review elsewhere) was awesome. Great shine and easy to use. I then applied the Black Light which goes on really easily with a DA (second coat was by hand and I recommend using a DA, way easier) and after letting it bond, it came off easily as well. This was the shine I was looking for. I wanted to do a swan dive into my roof it was so wet and reflective. I decided against it because I'm not a cartoon character and not great at body work. Second coat really wasn't necessary but it sure didn't hurt. I really like this product and do not regret spending the exorbitant price. It really is worth it. Also it smells great if you're the kind of person who's into that kind of thing. (I've been known to smell carnauba for longer than someone probably should.) Highly recommended.

I'm usually not one to write reviews on amazon, despite relying heavily on them for making purchases, so let me just say that this product certainly lives up to the hype. First let me explain that I'm a nut about my paint and how it looks. If it's not pristine I feel like I'm driving around a dumpster on wheels. With that being said, I have meticulously cared for my paint and have tried all sorts of different waxes on my car that promise that dripping wet look with little to no effort, and I've found that most if not all of those products are full of themselves. HOWEVER this product isn't full of itself. Not by a long shot. My god even when the product was curing I could see the depth of my black being increased. Goes on smooth, comes off even smoother as long as you wait the minimum 15 minutes. Do yourself a favor and let this stuff SIT. As for its swirl filling ability, like everything else in that category it's meh. It does well for the micro-abrasions caused from drying, but it's not filling the swirls left by your dealers "detailer".

For best results: First wash and dry your vehicle. Then clay the vehicle to remove any bonded contaminants that will affect the products binding with the paint (you want it on the paint, not the crud). Proceed with any paint correction that needs to be done. Wash and dry the car a second time to remove any leftover oils and dust. Apply the product in a THIN layer with either a microfiber applicator pad or a foam applicator pad, while using straight arm movements versus miagi's wax on wax off circular motion. Continue this until the entire car is covered in product. Walk away and have a beer or two. Buff off the product with a clean microfiber towel, flipping sides with each panel. Step back, and try to keep your jaw off the ground! Wait at least 30 minutes before applying a second coat or applying a last step protectant (LSP) to lock in the shine. I recommend car pro's reload as your LSP, excellent durability and shine. Enjoy!

My first major detail on any car and specifically on my 2012 Audi A7. The paint was overall in good shape but I had water spots, a lot of swirls and a few significant scratches. With the positive reviews I used the protocol as described below. I spent 2 1/2 days on the job but I think the results were spectacular. I used the Chemical Guys V36 and V38 pretty much over the entire car and even before I got to the extra steps past the compounding I could see that I was going to achieve a great paint finish. There was no sticking of either of these compounds. They went on and came off with easy using the Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher. I used an orange Country Lake pad with the V36 and a white pad for the V38. The removal of the defects was very apparent at this point. Using the subsequent products, the color and brilliance of the black paint was beyond my expectations. The image I've attached is before I had applied any Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax but truthfully I don't think I would have needed any except for protection. Literally every spec of dust and any little defect shows up on such a nice black finish so now, because I don't have a garage, I'm going to buy a cover for the Audi. Otherwise I'm going to lose what I think is a near perfect showroom finish pretty quickly. Here was my protocol if you're interested. See what you think.
* Wash & Dry
* Clay
* IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) Wipedown
* Chemical Guys GAP_VKIT_16 V Line - V36 & V38
* Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
* Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
* Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
* Chemical Guys GAP_619_16 Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer
* Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
* Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax

This is an incredible product and when used with a machine polisher can do minor paint correction and swirl removal. Just be sure your paint has been clay bar'ed and washed first.

Great Stuff! First time CG user. Did allot of research on what to buy. Allot of their talk is all marketing and sales... I think the whole six stage deal is little overload. I typically Clay, Polish(only if needed) and wax with Meguiar's Black wax - Really seen no difference from the expensive 6 stage CG guys process or simple Wash, Clay and Wax.

For my application - Didn't see much of a difference, Shine wise - I don't have swirl marks or anything really

I think next year Ill do my typical process... Wash, Clay(mother's 2.0), Meguiar's Black wax - Lasted all summer


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The smoothest , sharpest and wettest reflection possible
  • Strong durability ,ease of application and anti static property
  • Fully synthetic nano-blended delivers maximum high gloss
  • Leaves crazy slick auto paint finish
  • Easy to apply using hand or machine application

Description

The brain child of 3 years of research done by xcdiscount Thailand in conjunction with xcdiscount usa to developing a durable extremely vibrant hybrid finish that would deliver the maximum level of color vibrancy and optical brightness while withstanding the harsh and humid climates of Thailand and the vigorous testing of our OEM and professional users. Black light radiant finish is crafted and formulated especially for car lovers who aim for the smoothest, sharpest and wettest reflection possible with strong durability, ease of application and anti-static property. Black light radiant finish has a fully synthetic nano blended formulation with a massive emulsion of gloss enhancers coupled with the new bi - blend technology that leaves one crazy slick finish.the new blending technology allows for vastly homogeneous mixture resulting in an extremely smooth finish once the applied layer is fully and properly cured.



Made my car have a deep-rich shine. Almost made the paint look like moving water it was so nice. It went on very nicely, like butter. Came off very easily with a microfiber towel. I used it on my WRB WRX and it still looks fantastic 1 month later. I only used about 1/10 of this to cover my entire car. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a deep shine, I can only imagine it makes black cars look absolutely amazing.

UPDATE: I have recently used this on my father's black Fusion. The results speak for themselves. This paint had not been properly detailed in over 2 years. It now has glossy, wet, black paint. I highly recommend this to anyone with black paint.

I want to start by saying I've never polished or glazed a car before. Just used this product on my wife's 2011 Ford Edge Sport. Product gave it a perfect shine and really brought out the metallic specks. I used McGuire's ultimate polish followed by Black Light and the car doesn't have a swirl left. Easy to apply and easy to remove.

I read other people's review of this product and thought that they were exaggerating when they talked about how amazing their car looked after using it. Well, they're not exaggerating at all. My black E63 looks absolutely stunning after using this color enhancer. The black paint on my car looks like its wet and oozing and flowing and its the most amazing shine I've ever seen on my car. it looks even better than the day when I brought the car home from the dealership.

It's kind of a pain to put on the car in that it requires a bit of elbow grease. It goes on wet as a paste, dries, and then you buff it off. But the big dumb smile you'll have on your face when you're done and you're staring at your car makes it all worth it.

I first washed my car, then used the clay bar to pull off all the junk off the paint, and then put on this layer of Blacklight. I then finished with the Chemical Guys Jetseal sealant. Again, the results are jaw dropping. My neighbor even came over to ask what I was using when he saw what my car looked like.

Per their claims, this shine and protection (with the Jetseal) should last 12 months. I plan on doing this every 6 months. Also, its very easy to restore the shine when your car gets dirty. Just a quick wash with mild soap and buff with a microfiber cloth, and the shine is restored with minimal fuss. Excellent product.

We have 2 classic cars we restored and put in shows, along with our regular daily drivers. Some of the cars are darker colors, like grey, blue, or black, and the others are white and a light seafoam green. The problems I've had with other waxes, including other higher end products was streaking, and not being able to remove the swirls. Not so with Black light. This is hands down the best wax I have ever used.

The application is simple, and I've done it in shade as well as sun, both with excellent results. Use a microfiber applicator to apply, thin, not thick coats in a circular motion. Then wait - let it set for 15 minutes. Final step - use a clean microfiber cloth to remove. It removes so easy, and leaves no swirl or haze like other waxes. The depth of shine is also noticeable. It makes the paint smooth with a deep shine, no matter the color or if its metallic or not. It just looks great. Bonus - it even smells great!

I was so impressed I ordered a few more of their products and we'll be testing those shortly. For years I've bought and tried almost everything at stores and car shows and nothing impressed me. Black Light impresses me so much I'll be using it exclusively from now on. It's really that good.

I have used Chemical Guys products for a little while and have always been really pleased with the results, but recently I was blown away by Black Light. I was rear ended in my brand new car and had to leave it at the collision shop for a new bumper. Today they called to tell me that they were going to wash it really quick and then it would be ready to pick up. When I got there I took a look at the new bumper (inside the garage) and drove away. However, when I got home and looked at the car in the sunlight, I was shocked to see my car was covered in swirls and scuff marks. I swear they washed it with a Brillo pad! I know the marks weren’t there before, because I had washed, polished, glazed, and waxed the car by hand right before I took it in. Rather than take the car back and risk them damaging it further, I decided to see if I could fix it with what I had on hand - a swirl remover, Chemical Guys Black Light, and Chemical Guys Butter wax. The swirl remover worked ok, but Black Light made my paint look brand new again! My car is black and shows imperfections really easily, but it looks amazing now! I sealed it up with Butter wax and it’s good to go!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment