Thursday, July 11, 2019

Perfect-It 36102 White Gelcoat Heavy Cutting Compound (Quart 946 mL), 32.

Perfect-It 36102 White Gelcoat Heavy Cutting Compound (Quart 946 mL), 32. Fluid_Ounces

Perfect-It 36102 White Gelcoat Heavy Cutting Compound (Quart 946 mL), 32. Fluid_Ounces

I've used quite a few different compounds on my boat over the last 15 years. This product stands head and shoulders above the rest. This made the white gelcoat on my 2005 boat look brand new with minimal effort. I used a 3M 33280 wool pad at about 1000 rpm with medium pressure. Don't just touch the pad to the boat, give it a little pressure and this product does the work. I used a pad cleaning spur tool to clean the wool pad every time I added fresh compound to it. After using this heavy cut compound, I went straight to the 3M Perfect It 36113 Wax. My boat looks amazing. Almost brand new. I was extremely happy to see that I did not need to do the 2 intermediate steps (medium and light compounding) before waxing. Totally not necessary. Next year, I'll go straight to the light compound if I need to before applying the 36113 wax.

I have 0 complaints about this product , I used it on my lobster boat , the hull hadn't been waxed in 2 years the topsides 4 years very heavy oxidation , this 3M product made the hull and topsides look like new then I applied a 3M wax and was blown away at the results. This is an expensive product but trust me after trying some of these new miracle waxes that didn't do what they claim and cost as much this product was well worth the money , and there is enough left over to use again next year on my 36' boat.

Only used it a little bit on my heavy faded gelcoat. Did it by hand on the grey and done white. I ended up with better color and gloss than in the areas that I used super fine sand paper, compound, polish and wax. A lot less work too. Still have to use a lot of elbow grease or my electric polisher, but results are good on the test areas.

WOW. I can’t say enough about this compound. It says wet longer and cuts in so good without the fear of going to far. East clean up. Powders up perfect. Highly recommend for gel coat

Works fine brought old gelcoat to like new condition. This and the fine compound along with #1000 wet dry sandpaper did a fabulous job restoring old dull gelcoat


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • USE WHAT THE PROS USE - Restore heavily oxidized gelcoat into smooth surfaces ready for polish, so you can get back on the water or the road
  • SAFE FOR GELCOATS AND FIBERGLASS - Marine compound is scientifically formulated for boats and RVs
  • FAST-CUTTING FORMULA - Removes chalky residue and scratches, ideal for compounding gelcoats
  • EASY TO USE - Apply using a rotary buffer with a white 3M wool compounding pad; can also be applied by hand for small areas
  • PART OF A FAMILY OF BOAT CARE PRODUCTS - Choose 3M Perfect-It Medium Cutting Compound + Wax for removing moderate oxidation, Light Cutting Polish + Wax for light polishing and Boat Wax for high-gloss shine

Description

Our 3M™ Perfect-It™ Gelcoat Heavy Cutting Compound features a fast-cutting formula that removes heavy oxidation, weathering, dulling, chalking and scratches from gelcoat surfaces. Excellent for boats, watercraft and RVs, this professional-grade marine compound is formulated to stay wet for a long time on the compounding pad and on the surface, so you don’t have to stop as often to change pads or apply more material. It leaves a smooth finish ready for boat polish and wax. 3M™ Perfect-It™ Gelcoat Heavy Cutting Compound is part of a family of gelcoat finishing products. 3M™ Perfect-It™ Boat Wash, 3M™ Perfect-It™ Gelcoat Medium Cutting Compound + Wax, 3M™ Perfect-It™ Gelcoat Light Cutting Polish + Wax and 3M™ Perfect-It™ Boat Wax are all available for every type of boat and RV maintenance. Use with any 3M white wool compounding pad.



This product made quick work of restoring faded gelcoat. Used synthetic white wool pad with rotors tool at 1500 rpm. Wax applied after.

Made a faded boat look new again. Best product i have ever used on a boat.

1979 sleekcraft day cruiser, faded oxidized blue, I ve tried everything, this stuff really works,

best compound ive used. takes out scratches in gel coat very fast and effectively

Works great on white gel coat. Don't know if it works on colors.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment