Thursday, September 19, 2019

Power Stop K2070-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front and Rear Brake

Power Stop K2070-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front and Rear Brake Kit

Power Stop K2070-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front and Rear Brake Kit

Complete night and day difference. This kit came with everything needed; pad clips with two different kinds for the front for some reason, slide pin covers, anti-seize/lubricant, pads and rotors. The instruction sheet it came with was nice and was easy to follow should you need it. The rotors looked and felt like they were a quality piece as with everything else in the kit.
After following the break-in directions and about a thousand miles on them, they are significantly better than stock. Once these brakes get warmed up, they grab real nice and stop so much quicker than stock and don't vibrate when stopping from higher speeds. They also look nice since the rotors are very visible through my rims.
The only negative thing I have to say is the brake dust. But, this is to be expected with any pad that is more aggressive due to the compounds used in them. It's not an excessive amount, but is noticeable. Overall, I really like them and felt it was money well spent.

Excellent brakes! Installed on a 2012 Yukon XL Denali and broken in according to Power Stop's guidance.

Superior stopping power compared to factory OEM. Approximately 500 miles after installation and while towing a 4,000 lb boat, a BDM (Brain Dead Motorist) came to an unexpected and complete stop in front of me on a two-lane country road while they were searching for an address. With oncoming traffic and nowhere to go, I believe it was these brakes alone that kept me from rear-ending the BDM. The factory brakes would have faded away to nothing under the same circumstances.

Brakes have been absolutely quiet and smooth since day one. I was hesitant to purchase drilled and slotted rotors again after having noise and vibration troubles with the design previously. I am happy to report that this has not been the case with these.

So far, no issues with brake dust on the factory chrome wheels.

Am hoping for long service life out of these- only time will tell.

I’ve always been a HAWKS pad user and BrakeTech rotor guy. When it came time for brakes on my truck I figured I would look around and see what else is out there and maybe try to save some money why.
I came upon these and the reviews actually got me to try them out. Put them on my 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L 4WDisk. Installation was easy and straight forward. The quality of the rotors seemed very high. Consistent coating. Nicely machined. Fit was excellent on the trucks existing hubs. The pads and shims fit excellent. I wish they would have included one more pack of the brake lube but that’s small potatoes. The break in procedure was easy. A month later the brakes are still strong, no vibration or noise and in the Texas humidity the rotors and the hubs are still nice and silver. I don’t think I will be going back to pricey HAWKS pads and expensive rotors again. So far I’m very please with this set up.

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
My driving style is aggressive/ offensive (lot of hard breaks). I wrapped my previous rotor with semi metallic pads.
These PowerStop Z36 rotor and brakes are awesome. The only difference that I have noticed is that the initial bite of the brakes is smoother and i don't get everything sitting on the back seat up on my dashboard. Stopping distance and efficiency seems to be the same, but I do feel that I have to press the brake peddle down further to the floor. Overall I like the feel and performance. Don't be concerned about the stooping distance with these they are great, just put your phone down and pay attention to the road and traffic.

I had a constant problem with my 2012 Yukon Denali XL when towing a 32 foot camper, with the rotors warping, even with adjusting the trailer breaking balance to put less stress on the truck. I put these on did the break in, and just drove 450 miles in stop and go traffic on back roads. Took the camper off and drove the truck and I will have to say that this setup is what should have been put on this GMC from the factory. These actually have the stopping grip to activate the anti-lock brakes, when the factory just overheated on a hard stop like a burnt clutch.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Components are engineered to handle the stress of towing, hauling, mountainous driving, and lifted trucks.
  • Dust-free braking performance.
  • Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula provides the extreme braking performance demanded by your truck or 4x4
  • Premium stainless steel shims provide better heat dissipation for improved stopping power with virtually no noise
  • Drilled and slotted rotors keep your brakes cool even in the most extreme conditions
  • NOTE: Refer user manual before use

Description

The Power Stop Z36 Truck & Tow Performance brake kit provides the superior stopping power demanded by those who tow boats, haul loads, tackle mountains, lift trucks, and play in the harshest conditions. The brake rotors are drilled to keep temperatures down during extreme braking and slotted to sweep away any debris for constant pad contact. Combined with our Z36 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic performance friction formulation, you can confidently push your rig to the limit.



These have been on since Feb. Big difference in the stopping, stops smoother and better than OEM brakes. I felt the the difference right away. Just be sure to break them in properly.

installed on my 2012 subrban.. work and look great.. cant beat the price either

THis is a great product and great price. I was surprised the rears wore out faster than front. May have been installlation error.

Perfect fit, included all required items, great stopping power

Totally impressed with the build quality and installation of these rotors. Wheels off to wheels on for my wife's ayukon Denali was 2 1/2 hours. I did the break in procedure in an aggressive manner and the pads bed well. A very noticeable improvement over stock for sure!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment