Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Road Warrior Plus Paint Protection Film for Rock Chips & Bugs - 16oz kit - Free

Road Warrior Plus Paint Protection Film for Rock Chips & Bugs - 16oz kit - Free APPLICATOR

Road Warrior Plus Paint Protection Film for Rock Chips & Bugs - 16oz kit - Free APPLICATOR

I found out about this from another user I know and he said it was great. I just got my Cobra painted and was taking off on a 2800 mile trip so I gave it a try. Application is pretty easy. I did tape off an area because some say if you don't its hard to get the little splatter pieces off. I found this to be an acceptable method. I applied two to three coats on the front nose area and side fenders and at least two coats in front of the rear fender area where it gets blasted from road debris.

Application was with the roller and it went on easily. I was worried it would look crappy, but the next morning it looked great. I guess it finds its own level. During the trip I didn't encounter any rain or moisture so it held up well. It collected a lot of bugs and we did get caught in some road surface repair with gravel and that didn't work to well even at slow speeds.

After getting home, I washed the car and used the hose to loosen and help peel the film off the car. The area in front of the rear fenders didn't do what I thought it would and I have a lot of small pits from debris hitting the area. This is normal for this car, but I thought the RWP wouldn't allow so many hits. Maybe I should've put extra layers on. The front nose area did very well. A few pits from debris but for the majority of the area it did a fantastic job.

I do track days in the car and will be using it from now on to help keep the finish looking good. Not sure what I'm going to use on the rear, but for I'll apply RWP in several layers to see what happens.

In summation, RWP is a very good choice as long as it's not getting blasted with solid objects. Bugs are no match and they can be wiped off during your trip or just wait to remove the film and they go with it. I'd give the product 5 stars but I did encounter paint damage and did put three coats on as suggested. Overall, it could've been a lot worse with no protection!

The pictures show the condition after the trip and after taking the film off as well as removing the film. The last two are before the trip.

I applied it with the roller. 2 coats using a hair dryer after each. The appearance isn't smooth, but I was fine with that. It did survive a rain shower while parked and some light rain while driving. After my 2 week, 2800 mile trip, I was able to peel off about 99% of it. Came off as a thin plastic sheet. That left a few small bits that were not totally connected. They came off by using my finger nails. The paint looked great after removing. Seemed to do a great job of protecting it.

Works well beyond what I expected. Second year to camp back country in Big Bend National park. To get to the campsites, you take old non maintained roads with significant overgrowth of nasty brush, cactus and other desert species. The first year I went I had hundreds of scratches that took a day of high speed rotary compound polishing and a massive amount of work to remove. This year I used 2 containers (1 per side of truck) and when I removed the protectant coating, no scratches. I drove offload around the park (over 120 miles) including stream crossings and high speed runs and was smacked and scraped hundreds of times. I am rarely impressed with most hyped car products but this worked great. I had no issues with a rain storm I drove through or minimal water crossings. I did apply it two weeks before the trip. Only issue would be removal with mud over it (would not peel off). This was solved with trip to high pressure manual car wash which removed it easily. Also, hard to get out of molding seams (poor (or lazy) application on my part). Great product for you truck if you off road

Preparing a trip from Florida to Pennsylvania I was concerned my 2018 BMW front end would get ruined by love bugs and road debris. After reading all the comments left by others I was still skeptical but decided to give it a try.

The bottle says a little goes a long way, but I wanted maximum protection and I used three coats. Application was relatively easy as I applied it directly in the Florida sun. Drying time was quick, and the finish made me wonder what I did to my new car.

During day one of the trip stopping at several rest stops the product held up well, and there were a umber of bugs attached. During the tail end of day one, it began to rain. The pictures show the effect on the product as it rained overnight while the car was parked. I wanted to see how easy it was to remove, so I pealed off the roof covering and was surprised how easy it came off leaving only very tiny pieces attached to a rubber lining in the convertible gutter.

Day two I drove from Virginia to Pennsylvania in a four hour driving thunderstorm. When I arrived at my destination, a good deal of the product had dissolved and what was left was easily removed by hand (although it did seep into the rings around the parking sensors but that too was easily removed).

When it finally stopped raining I was impressed, no paint loss, no sticky residue and the product performed as advertised. As a bra is not available for my vehicle, this will be my go-to product for future trips and Florida’s love bug season. Quite impressed by its performance!

Bought this as an alternative to the tedious and somewhat ineffective blue tape (especially on a freshly waxed car since it doesn't stick at all). I decided to apply this for a 500mile road trip out to CA for a car show. The application was a breeze, i added 2-3 coats like the directions said, I didn't want to have issues pulling it off later because it wasn't thick enough. One bottle covered the front clip (as can be seen in the pics) as well as the wing mirrors and i have almost half of the bottle remaining for another application.

The product is reminiscent of elmer's glue in my opinion, goes on (white) pretty smooth and you have enough time to work with it to get several coats and move around the car (just be sure to cover the applicator tray/ roller when you aren't using it so it doesn't dry out). I put a blue tape line on the hood to outline where I wanted the product; initially i used blue tape around the headlight and some trim but when I moved to the other side i opted to just take my time with the roller instead and that worked great.

When we arrived in CA the film looks the same as when I applied it, I used my detail spray to wipe off the bugs that hit it - you can even rub somewhat hard and it won't damage the film. After arriving home a week later, I pulled the film off (which I was initially dreading) but it came off great ...very easy and in large pieces. There's no residue from the product and any little spots where it doesn't pull off completely clean is early remedied with some detail spray and can be carefully /easily removed.

I love this product and will be using it on every road trip / track day i have. It HOLDS UP GREAT! Doesn't peal prematurely and as along as you apply it thick enough / in several coats, it will remove easily for you. It even looks kinda cool on the car if you left it there for longer periods of time (with proper prep I'd say it's almost a semi permanent coating).


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ✔️ A little goes a long way! This will coat approximately 30 sq. ft. of finished painted surface. (2 applications per coat)
  • ✔️ Everything you need is included! Complete kit of 1 pint and 1 applicator
  • ✔️ Tough layer of Protection! It creates a 10 mil protective barrier & prevents rock chips and road grime buildup
  • ✔️ Safe to use on clear coated Automotive finishes
  • ✔️ Works well on clear bras and vinyl. Not suggested for use in rain or temperatures below 50 degrees F.

Description

Road Warrior Plus is a low profile, clear temporary paint protection coating that is easy to apply by yourself, affordable, and industry proven. Road Warrior Plus is a "liquid" that is applied to clean finished painted surfaces by a roller/brush or HVLP gun. When cured it provides a tough, vinyl covering, protecting the surfaces from blemishes and damage caused by gravel, rubber, tar, bugs, dirt, mud, sand, and salt. Furthermore, removal is just as easy as its application! Spray the protected surfaces with water and peel, as if it was shrink wrap. Road Warrior Plus requires no special handling upon disposal. The same formula works for all painted surfaces with no customization needed. Put it on automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, trailers, RVs, ATVs... the possibilities are endless! *Not suggested use in rain as it will soften*



I was a bit skeptical about using this on my new car but after a good wash and wax I gave it a try. I was trying to protect my front bumper from any rock chips while I waited for my appointment to get a clear bra installed. You do have to give it two good layers and you must leave a thick dab of it on each corner of what you paint to have something to grab at to peel it up. It was left in the rain for 8 hours while I was a work one day and it started to bubble up. After getting the car home and drying in the garage overnight it seemed to clear back up and stayed on for anther few days without issues. Once I finally peeled it off it came of easily and the paint was perfect! The reason for 4 stars was that even with the thick coating it still left a residue along the edge of each area I painted. I had to carefully wax off the line that was left since scratching at it with your fingernail was not a good ideal. I suppose after several washes it may have washed off since this stuff is water soluble but I didn't have time to keep washing it. Lastly this little bottle will cover a bumper, rear view mirrors, and about 18 inches up a hood and front fenders but that's about it after two coats. I can't see getting more than one use of this little bottle so it's a bid pricey for what you get. For a road trip however it's a good investment since it's a lot cheaper than repainting a bumper or a hood that may get pitted from rock chips or any other crap on the road. Just understand that it's not going to last forever and you can see it on the car. It looks like a clear bumpy rubber coat on your paint so it's not clear and smooth like a clear bra and you can't wash or wax it without it coming off.

I tried this product on the side of my new Jeep JL. After the trail ride I expected it to be shredded from going though brush and cactus but it looks new. It peeled off just like it is advertised. Great product. I just wish it was not so expensive. I can't afford to use it at about $15.00 an outing. The bottle will only do both sides twice at $30.00 per bottle. Yikes.

Great stuff and comes off easy! Follow the directions and you’ll have no issues. I used it for a track day at willow springs and it came off easy. Easier if you use water.

It worked well for a 3000 mile trip. Two major rain storms caused it to lift a bit and stretch. However, it did the job well. The application was as easy as painting a wall. Removal was ok using high pressure water and some elbow grease around corners. The price is a bit high.

This is a great product to protect the paint on your car. I like to do HPDEs and didn't want to spend 3k for a clear bra. This product was a great compromise for a fraction of the price. As you can see in the first pic the front of the car is covered with all kinds of debris and the second picture shows me halfway through the removal process. The paint is perfect underneath.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment