Saturday, November 23, 2019

Power Stop K2069 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake

Power Stop K2069 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads

Power Stop K2069 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads

I am a professional mechanic and am not impressed with any of the China made poor casting rotors that are sold today. This set came and I installed on my own personal truck and almost a year later still no problems. The rotors haven't warped and no noises. Would purchase again and would even use on a customers vehicle

These will stop you! It rained the day after I did the install. I have been a biker a long time. All my rice burners and cruiser have always had drilled and slotted rotors but I never got around to doing that for any of my cars or trucks. I noticed right away the difference topping after driving in heavy rain. They did not fade or slip. Makes a huge difference and with serious peace of mind knowing this truck will sophisticated when I want I too.
The install went smooth, fitment was excellent. And I used engine primer and paint to seal em up.
You won't be dissapointed.

I bought these rotors because I was getting pulsing going into winter after pulling my camper this summer. every GM truck I have owned has had rotor issues. So I wanted to go with something that would dissipate more heat. The truck stops much better then it did before. My one complaint is that even though I did the break in procedure (first time in my life) they squeal when coming to a stop. Nice smooth breaking until the last little bit when you let off and it squeals. I am pretty sure that will change as they get worn down or I eventually change them out.

On my 1/2 ton 4x4 silverado, i am very impressed with the added stopping power this brake kit has given me, reguardless if the truck is lightly loaded, or full of equipment.
In the mountains of Colorado, i feel i have significantly more control and braking ability then before.

Been using these brakes for a while now on my silverado 1500. I use my truck to tow pretty heave trailers pushing max capacity and they are holding up very well. You have to be smart about your braking. No brakes are going to hold up to riding them down steep hills pulling loads. I will continue to use these as long as available.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Power Stop Carbon-fiber ceramic compound significantly enhances braking performance versus traditional ceramic brake pads
  • Low dust braking validated through on-vehicle 3rd party tests in Los Angeles, showing on average 30% less dust versus OE.
  • Dual layer high temp rubberized shims insulate noise for virtually silent braking.
  • Drilled & Slotted performance rotors for maximum cooling. They are zinc plated for maximum protection against rust.
  • Brake rotor, pad & hardware engineered to work together to increase stopping power, improve durability & eliminate dust

Description

Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit makes it simple to increase the braking power of your daily-driver. This Power Stop kit is engineered to provide a low dust & noise-free upgrade over your stock brake system. The Power Stop Z23 brake upgrade kit makes it simple to complete your brake job by including everything you need: perfectly matched drilled & slotted rotors, Z23 Evolution Sport carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads, upgraded hardware, and high performance lubricant. The low-dust ceramic formula brake pads are reinforced with carbon fibers to strengthen the compound. They are dust free, noise-free, and give you increased braking power without sacrificing everyday drivability. The rotors are cast using the finest G3000 metallurgy with strict OE tolerances - making them a perfect, bolt-on upgrade without the need to make any modifications. Precision drill holes allow for maximum rotor cooling. This keeps your brakes temperatures down during extreme operating conditions. Rounded slots help wipe away any gas or debris - keeping a clear contact patch on the rotor surface for safe, smooth braking. Silver Zinc Dichromate plating is applied to all drilled & slotted rotors, they not only look great behind your wheels, but to help prevent rust & corrosion. Get your Power Stop’s Z23 Evolution Sport brake kit and enjoy better, noise-free braking without that nasty brake dust!



Nice little upgrade stop good !!!! I had a sticky caliper that worn the passenger side coating a little prematurely but no warping occurred. πŸ‘new calipers fixed that problem and my truck stops great!

At the time of purchase the fitment tool said that this did not fit the 2007 NNBS Silverado. I checked the manufacturers website to verify that it did fit my truck. Apparently there are two different caliper casts available for this model. This one is compatible with 351C/352C

The fitment was perfect but the trouble came in removing the caliper bolts that mount the caliper to the rotor. The bolts come from the factory with thread lock so I would suggest using a handheld torch to heat the head of the bolt for 1-2 mins to soften the thread lock in order remove the bolt. ***DO NOT torch the bolt with the rubber gasket!!!****

Be sure to follow the break in procedure to avoid cracks and warping.

So far I can tell an improvement in the braking power over the OEM rotors. Hopefully ill get as many miles out of them.

Update 09/29/2014***

Brakes and Rotors are still holding up great with no warping or cracking.

Went right on my 07 nbs Chevy Silverado LT Z71 ext cab, without any problems. I have 20"inch rim on my truck. And....So far so good. Not seeing much improvement on faster stopping. But, the brakes don't fade nearly as fast due to over heating, it's way better then the factory!

As described in the description. Everything fit well and break in procedure went great. more effective than OEM brakes

Great quality daily driving brake upgrade. Quiet, long lasting, and they stop the truck much quicker than the factory brakes.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment