Tuesday, December 3, 2019

EBC Brakes DP31517C Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake

EBC Brakes DP31517C Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pad

EBC Brakes DP31517C Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pad

I'm only 700+ miles in so far so I can't give them a 5 star rating until I have a few thousand more miles on them. Either way, initial impressions are very positive. Dust doesn't seem to be horrible, noise is not an issue, stopping power is very strong and very very smooth. I really am a fan of the "Break In" coating on the EBC pads, this is my first set, usually I drive on Hawk pads, but wanted to try something different that I've heard about for so many many years.

No fading issues in spirited driving, good pedal feel, pretty good initial bite in cold and warm weather. So far, I would definitely buy them again, and may actually pick up a set of yellows for heavier use on track. 2013 GLi

Put these on the front of the wires VW Passat. The car is a POS, but these brakes are fantastic! I'll be bias here... I have never had a set of EBC brake pads in racing or in street use that I have not liked. The secret is that you MUST seed them in properly !! I go down the street 3-4 times at about 60 MPH and then do a hard braking, one after the other to get them good and hot from the friction... Then I do some light stops to slow the cooling of the pads and the rotors. Then, let the car sit for an hour to cool the rest of the way, or at least get to below 120 degrees F Now you're good to go!!

I will update later on if pads disapoint me but right now they fit perfect on the 2013 GTI and I noticed an immediate improvement from my 40k stock pads.

Yes, you WILL get loud squeals from these brakes. Yes you WILL get brake dust from these brakes. Yes, they WILL get quiet and cleaner as you break them in. It took me about 900 miles to get them to stop squealing and being so dirty, however it was well worth the quality of these pads. Great stopping in cold, wet, or any other conditions. Next will be the rotors from EBC.

Although these "low dust" EBC Redstuff Ceramic brakes still produce quite a bit of dust it is much less dust than you can expect form a performance pad; I consider the dust to stopping performance ratio these pads provide to be excellent. These EBC Redstuff Ceramic brake pads look excellent before and after installation on the car. I'm very happy with the performance of these pads.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Lowest dust pad in range
  • Ideal European vehicle brake upgrade
  • High friction low heat fade
  • Great for fast street and premium sedan
  • Easy installation

Description

Low dust EBC Redstuff is a superb pad for fast street use and targets high HP imports, muscle cars and prestige european cars. EBC Redstuff ceramic pads reduce dust emitted by OEM pads by approx 80 percent. Redstuff pads also reduce rotor wear so that rotors and pads last longer whilst delivering great brake performance. For optimum lifetime in track use EBC still recommend drivers to upgrade to their Yellowstuff or even the new Bluestuff range but if fast street is what you need, EBC Redstuff Ceramic is the pad to choose.



smooth, stop fine. low dust. Will buy again

Awesome for the GTI ! Light braking for a few hundred miles as they take the shine off your rotors, then truly outstanding braking.

Nice breaking power - will make noise on the first few hundred miles, which is normal. Highly recommended!

Does just what they are supposed to do. Stop quickly and effectively.

The DP31517C is direct fit for Volkswagen jetta 2014 1.8t se.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment