Monday, December 16, 2019

Migliore Ultimo Clay Towel: A Quick Effective Clay Bar

Migliore Ultimo Clay Towel: A Quick Effective Clay Bar Alternative

Migliore Ultimo Clay Towel: A Quick Effective Clay Bar Alternative

Everyone is debating about whether the Clay Towel is as good as a clay bar. Well, here is the point that everyone is overlooking; Using a Clay Towel is BETTER than NOT using a clay bar.

Although a clay bar will do a slightly better job than a clay towel, it will only do this "slightly better" job IF YOU ACTUALLY USE IT. Using a clay bar is so much work that I end up endlessly procrastinating and not doing the work. However, using a clay towel is so quick and easy, I have no problem using it twice a year which keeps my car looking great.

If you are a hobbyist and enjoy working on your car for hours and hours, by all means use a clay bar. However, if you're just a regular person who wants to keep your car looking great, go with the towel.

UPDATE 8-10-18 WARNING

I've been using the clay towel and I really like it. However, I recently learned that when using it, you should apply absolutely no pressure at all. If you apply pressure (and it doesn't take much pressure), you'll damage your paint. I learned this lesson the hard way.

UPDATE 3-23-19 GOOD NEWS

When I applied pressure to the clay towel and it left black marks on my car is finish, I thought that I had gone through the paint to the primer. I just learned that this was not the case. black marks we're from the clay towel and came off easily with some lacquer thinner.

Notwithstanding this good news, you should be aware that the clay tile will do its job without applying any pressure to it. Just use a clay towel as though you're wiping water off of a countertop.

By the way, the lubricant I use when I'm using the clay towel on my car, is Meguiars Quick Detail. This product works well and it's reasonably priced at Walmart.

I just completed claying and finishing my full size extended cab Ford F350. This is a long truck! I washed, clayed (using this clay alternative), and then finished with F11 Topcoat. As a clay alternative I have to give this 5 stars. It's not quite as effective as clay, but the ease is so much better than clay; I'll stick with using this product. I used Chemical Guys spray clay lube and the combination worked very well. I particularly like that the spray lube wipes off quite well. I agree with others in that you don't want to press hard with this clay pad as you might scratch your finish with small bits that get trapped in the clay-like surface. It is much more forgiving than clay if you hit a dry spot on your surface it stops sliding, but does not stick and leave clay residue like clay does. I also used it on my glass, which I'd never done with clay. Nice! For my next test I'm going to use soapy water and then rinse. I'll post another update after several uses to give a sense of the life of the product. As to F11, this was my first use. I like the ease and shine. Note: It does not clean, only covers. If you wipe it over a water spot, you'll have a shiny water spot. Will have to see how it performs over time.

I was skeptical that a "rag" could help me detail my car so well. Used it directly after a wash with some Speed Shine. At first, I thought I was scratching my car but then I realized how dirty my car actually was. Took less than a half hour to do a full-size sedan. 5 of those minutes were me rubbing up on my new car all over with my hands, mmm, so nice.

Works great! The pain felt super smooth when I was finished. I just used the carwash solution as a lubricant.

Great item! Love that it can be washed if you drop it. Works great...left my truck smooth as silk!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Highest quality clay towel available on Amazon.
  • Over 50 uses per towel.
  • 12" x 12" surface area allows for quick claying.
  • Much more cost effective than traditional clay.

Description

The Ultimo Clay Towel replaces a traditional clay bar and is much more cost effective. The towel is made with an advanced polymerized rubber technology which allows up to 50 uses per towel where a standard clay bar should be discarded after each use! Ultimo Clay Towel is of the best quality available on the market and sets the standard on removing surface contaminants and stuck on bugs and grime. The 12" x 12" surface area of the towel allows for a great time savings in comparison to a standard clay bar. Additionally, if the towel is dropped, it can be washed with a standard car shampoo and reused.



Worked great. I hadn't played my F450 truck in ten years and it had paint overspray all over it. Washed, clayed with this cloth, washed again (2.5 hours start to finish). Paint is smooth and ready for polish plus wax. I'd recommend it over clay bars.

I have used clay bars for years. Figured I'd give this towel a try because of the reviews. Was a little hesitant at the cost compared to clay bars, but, if it lasts as long as they claim, it was money well spent. This towel covers more area quicker, easier to use than the bars and works great. Glad I bought it.

I previously used traditional clay bar. This clay towel is SO much faster, and so dare say more effective. Paint feels smooth after just a few passes.

Easy to use and efficient. Used with Poorboys Clay Lube.

If you want better than just factory finish, get Migliore's fine finish recommendations. You will not be sorry or disappointed you bought them. Very happy.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment