Saturday, August 24, 2019

Power Stop K6082 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake

Power Stop K6082 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads

Power Stop K6082 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads

Normally I try to buy OEM parts, but the brake rotors and pads for a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek are ridiculously expensive, so figured I would roll the dice on these aftermarket brake parts.

The install was straight forward if your remotely mechanically inclined. Plenty of "How To" videos on the interwebs otherwise. All the necessary parts were included. Took off the old pads and rotors, made sure to clean up the calipers and follow the instructions from the manufacturer.

I also took care to follow the Break-in procedure to the letter to minimize the risk of something not setting up correctly resulting in poor stopping performance.

I have about 500 miles on the pads/rotors and no issues so far, no squeaking, etc. I will try to remember to update this over the coming months as I was/am a bit leery on how long these will last versus OEM parts.

2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV, came with factory/dealership brakes. I took off the OEM front set because of a warped rotor, with plenty of wear left on the old pads. I only replaced the front set. New ones went on just like any other brake job I've done on various cars I've had over the years. Fit is just like an OEM. All parts are there for swapping, but you don't have to replace the clips if your existing OEM clips are still good.

The Power Stops have a small but noticeably better grab over OEM brakes. I have half worn all-season tires on my XV, so the tires will kick on the ABS before the brakes hit close to their limit. But the bump in performance is there, and helps with confidence in driving.

The added bonus is that they have a thin plastic coating over the entire rotor, so the entire thing stays silvery/shiny with weather and wear. So they look nicer, even on the hubs; where as my OEM rotors were rusting everywhere outside of where pad contact keeps the rust off. I'm in MN, so we'll see how the winter and salt treat them, but so far so good.

These are quality brakes that work well. I replaced my pads and rotors on my 2011 WRX, as they were getting a little warped. I have had 3 Subarus, and I have managed to warp all of them. I guess that I am a little hard on the brakes. Anyways, I installed the rotors and pads, and followed the simple bed-in instructions. Basically a few hard stops from slower speeds, then faster speeds, ect. to get the pads hot to break them in. Everything went well, I now have about 5k miles on them, and all is good. I have been pretty hard on them, and there is no pulsing from the pedal at all. Stopping power seems to be the same as the OEM pads and rotors, and that is not a bad thing. I have a Tacoma that needs brakes soon, so I will definitely consider Power stop.

This kit greatly improved the braking on our 2014 Subaru Forester. The kit was complete with everything needed. Followed the break in instructions and all is well. The stopping distance improved but more importantly, the brake feel greatly improved. Highly recommended!

They've been on my car 2 weeks now with no noise squeeling or grinding. I like the way they look too verry stylish for rotors in this price range. The hardware and lubercant they provide is a nice touch and is the perfect ammount for the caliper guide pins. Much better value than you'll find at your local autoparts store. Sofar the rotors havent rusted at all either ,but time will tell!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Custom-matched components are engineered to work together for superior braking power on your daily-driver
  • Z23 Carbon-Fiber ceramic formula ensures dust-free braking performance.
  • Premium rubberized shims provide virtually noise-free braking.
  • Drilled & Slotted performance rotors for maximum cooling.
  • Includes premium stainless steel hardware kit and ceramic brake lubricant for easy installation.

Description

The Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit makes it easy to increase the braking power of your daily-driver with quality components engineered to work together. Designed as a true upgrade over stock brakes, this kit will reduce brake dust & elimate noise so you can ride in comfort. Let Power Stop simplify your brake job by including everything you need in the box: perfectly matched drilled & slotted rotors, Z23 Evolution Sport carbon-fiber ceramic brake pads, upgraded hardware, and high performance lubricant.



Bought this to use as a super heavy duty ratchet strap in order to adjust tweak solar framing systems. Worked like a charm.

Very good quality, easy to assembly rubber protectors and all needed hardware included even grease. Just put it on 2015 Subaru Forester, will update on reliability.

Everything in the package as ordered and went on the car with no issues. Refer to other reviews to see some great tips that I used. Also make sure to purchase some brake grease for installation since they only give you a tiny little packet. The rotors are great and so far the break pads work as advertised.

This is a great set for my 2015 XV Crosstrek. Comes with all necessary hardware and so far work great.
Would have given 5 stars, but one pad came for the wrong side, the sensor was in the wrong place. I made it work, but disappointing.
The package was factory sealed so it was shipped like that.

Incredible difference in stopping power. I previously had a warped rotor and used it as a perfect justification to replace the rotors and pads. This balances the FRS out quite nicely.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment