Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Akebono ACT273 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad

Akebono ACT273 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set

Akebono ACT273 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set

Fits my 1994 Honda Civic VX front brakes. I paired these with Centric Parts 120.40023 Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating with no complications. The pads are FF rated. They are quiet. I expected them to be a little more dust free than they claim to be, but I still rate them 5 stars, as they suit the bill of a daily driver pad. They do have a slightly improved bite point, and do stop the car slightly better, which is what I most care about. These are not racing pads...obviously, but they do excel as a daily driver, and I haven't had any fade with them yet.

the pad doesn't have the same mating surface area as others. see how the edges are tapered? The ones I took off aren't. so its less pad touching the rotor... I'll report back if its not as good as the pads I had but I'm a tad leery right now.

EDIT:

Even with the concern above I have to say these are GOOD pads. Ive had them on my 98 civic LX for about 150 miles now and I get better stopping power from less effort. I have not yet had to really stomp on the pedal but the brakes feel much stronger now.
Also the pedal doesn't travel near as far before braking begins (probably the case with all new pads though)

I installed these pads with a new pair of RAYBESTOS 96147 Rotors
Available here:
http://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-96147-Advanced-Technology-Brake/dp/B000C70YT8

I don't know how its possible, but I think I could stop alot shorter with these new parts... I thought so long as what was on could lock up the wheels you were good... these brakes just feel more powerful with less effort.

I'll buy them again so long as everything continues working great.

EDIT:

I've had the pads on for longer now and have to say, its still night and day, these pads really make the car feel safer and easier to stop.

Had to change my brake pads recently, not sure what the previous pads were, but they were definitely worn out and made a fair amount of racket in addition to what the scratch stick already made. After throwing these pads on there is no noise whatsoever, really haven't noticed any dust, and they are grabbing really well... These have dramatically reduced my stopping distance, but then again my old pads were in pretty bad shape so who knows. I do know that I will be buying these again next time though... I would highly recommend these...

I gotta say I love these pads. Went from some EBC's to these and I am convinced that this is an excellent product. The stopping power is about a 7/10, they're not performance pads so I expected this. I've never heard them squeal so for noise 10/10. My main concern was the dust, it's almost nonexistent. The amount that piles on my rims in a month is a very thin layer that is easily cleaned off, barely noticeable. I would definitely recommend these to anyone out there looking for some pads for their DAILY DRIVER; not race car. I've also put them on my girlfriend's Murano, and I've had the same results. I've very happy, thank you Akebono.

I've used Akebono pads before over many years on several cars and I think they perform well as an OEM brake pad replacement.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Ultimate upgrade for OE semi-metallic, organic and low-metallic brake pads
  • Ultra-Quiet - controls noise, vibration and harshness levels
  • Superior initial effectiveness with no required break-in period
  • Extremely rotor friendly for longer rotor life
  • Vehicle optimized ceramic formula for superior performance

Description

The Akebono ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic brake pad will restore or enhance Domestic and Asian OEM vehicle braking performance - delivering ultimate solutions for noise, vibration, harshness, dust and pedal pulsation. Akebono is the largest supplier of original equipment pads and the #1 choice of automakers in North America.



did front and rear brakes on my civic as-well as brake master cylinder , im stopping fast and safely crazy thing is i was so used to the s***ty old brakes braking early and what not, i had to adjust to the bite these give no means are they suitable for racing but cruising with a heavy foot perhaps get this and new brake master for best results

OE quality and lasts long! will buy again. Trusted brand!

No further discussion nor question at all. Thank you! I think it is an incredibly profitable by Akebono for the community.

Brakes pads work great for my 97 civic lx

My dad has been a master mechanic for 35+ years and now ALWAYS recommends Akebono brake pads. They are awesome.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment