Thursday, July 4, 2019

Fit 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey Front Rear Drill Slot Brake Rotors+Ceramic

Fit 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey Front Rear Drill Slot Brake Rotors+Ceramic Pads

Fit 2005-2010 Honda Odyssey Front Rear Drill Slot Brake Rotors+Ceramic Pads

Nice set of brakes- quality seems good. Install went smoothly. I'll be interested to see how the slotted rotors go as I've never used them on any of my cars before. The zinc coating does look cool, but I know it won't stay on. Just nice to slow down rust on the non-contact areas. I'm also hoping that it will help with removing the rotor next time I need brakes. I had a heck of a time getting the old ones off of the hub- they were rusted on. I'll make sure to update this in a few months after I get some miles on these.
My only beef is the packaging- the boxes that the rotors were in had broken open in a circle pattern. It's obvious that being stacked, they cut through the boxes. Fortunately there wasn't any damage to the product

Needed new rotors/brakes because of steering wheel shudder at highway speeds. Local Firestone Complete Car Care was going to charge $650 for front brakes/rotors and rear brakes. Got these for a fraction of that and a few hours of work.

Product Review:
Good product. No more steering wheel shudder (but would've been removed with any new set). However, noticed the zinc coating began to bubble after breaking in rotors. I barely touched the bubble to see what it was, but a section chipped off. The heat probably caused the coating to separate from steel rotors. But it really doesn't make a big difference as it's meant to prevent rust on the non-contact areas. Since it is just a zinc coating on steel rotors, they probably did not spend the R&D to create good adhesion. I haven't tried other brands yet, but I'll probably use a different one on the next rotor change just to see if the same thing happens. Haven't used them long enough to see if the drilled/slotted features makes a big difference, but I'm betting they do. Stopping distance has improved, but mainly because previous rotors were warped.

Bottom Line: Would I use this set again? Yes, great price. But just for experimentation, I may try a different brand to see if their zinc coating separates from the rotors.

Several months later after installation...so far so great! I installed these brakes on my wife's 2008 Honda Odyssey van. I spent the extra $ this time for better brakes after getting burned several times with cheap aftermarket brakes; the last two sets of brakes succomed to severe rotor warping which caused a hellatious shimmy felt in the steering wheel. I did some research and found on a Honda forum that rotor warping was a common problem due to poor air circulation and that cheap metal rotors could not withstand the heat. Most people were installing slotted/drilled rotors to combat this issue. I was skeptical of buying ceramic pads again (I lost a lot of stopping distance with an aftermarket set of rotors and ceramic pads in the brake change) but this set of brakes surprised me with great performance. Even my wife that usually just gasses and goes and doesn't tell me if something is going wrong until the last minute, noticed a change and said she can stop easier and smoother. I did not realize that this set ONLY comes with pads and rotors and I had to purchase a brake kit that had new rubber boots for the bolts and keepers that hold the pads in place from local auto store; no big deal. Box was heavy as expected. Everything was packaged nice and neat without damage. I will purchase this product again for my Honda Civic.

Installed these on my 06 Honda Odyssey, they were a perfect fit. The rotors seem to be of good quality with countersunk holes to prevent cracking hopefully. Pads so far have been relatively low dust as well.

Worked like a dream and the customer service was spectacular


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Kit includes 8 Ceramic Brake Pads and 4 Performance Brake Rotors
  • Drilled for Air Ventilation and Fast Heat Reduction
  • Slotted to Improve Pad Bite and Reduce Stopping Distance
  • Direct Fitment; Ready to Install; No Modication Needed
  • Pads are Shimmed to Absorb Vibration and Eliminate Noise

Description

Honda Odyssey 2005-2010



All the part’s is right

Best investment for my vehicle

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment