Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Raybestos 781PG Professional Grade Parking Brake Shoe Set - Drum in

Raybestos 781PG Professional Grade Parking Brake Shoe Set - Drum in Hat

Raybestos 781PG Professional Grade Parking Brake Shoe Set - Drum in Hat

I was ordering the rear rotors & pads for my 2001 Chevy Tahoe and realized. "Hey, my parking brake hasn't worked in years. After pulling the rotors I found that my 18 yr old parking brake shoes were completely deteriorated. No brainer, so I ordered these. Exact fit, came with the clip and screw and other kinds for applications.

It was a matter of popping the old shoe with a large flat screwdriver and a hammer once to get them off the clip and star adjuster. Then you have to play around to find the proper way to get them off over the axle. Take out the old screw and clip.

Put the new screw and clip on. Play around again getting the new one over the axle. Line it up on the clip and place the ends on the star wheel. After that it's a matter of adjusting the star wheel. Adjust in or out until you get the proper amount of resistance with the rotor on. Easy peezy! Now my parking brake works like a champ.

If you're unsure how to do this, do a YouTube search. There are plenty of videos on this process, it's not all that hard. Living on a hill, having this parking brake work is now taking an incredible strain off my transmission while it's parked.

NOTE: This is one of the very few parts that is actually cheaper at AutoZone $19.99 than Amazon. The prices also fluctuate. I bought this one for $32.78 then bought another for my other truck a few days later and realized that one was $34.32 and I'm not sure why? Same exact part from same exact ad just a few days apart? Nonetheless, still giving it 5 stars because it was a quality product, came with everything I needed and was delivered to my door lightning fast. So I spent 27.91 more for the two vs. AutoZone. These are name brand and I didn't have to leave the house. AutoZone part wasn't Raybestos, it was their brand. With what I have saved getting quality car parts off of Amazon, I'm not going to complain or reduce my rating over $27.91. The price fluctuation does leave me curious though?

Excellent fit and quality! Buy without reservation if you are rebuilding your parking brakes. I installed a kit on my 2002 GMC 1500. I bought the truck new and could always drive off with the parking brake set and of course wore them out. These shoes are much better. When I set the brakes now the the truck will not move until the brake is released. I was shocked at how much better the parking brake held. Raybestos parking brakes are better than the originals by a wide margin. I also replaced the rear brake rotors, because of the wear at the parking brake surface. I got the rotors through Amazon at a price better than I could find anywhere else and free shipping!

The Brake shoe comes with a clip and screw kit for various GM parking brake design versions. None of the screws fit my 2005 Chevy Avalanche. The clip that fit my vehicle had a weaker spring material than the original and no corrosion resistant coating on the spring leaf. I had to reuse the original screws and clips. The outside diameter on one shoe was 0.015" larger than the other (measured before installation). One shoe had a few spots of what seemed to be adhesive residue on the liner. Had to clean with razor blade.

Otherwise installation, fit, and adjustment was identical to the OEM parts.

After about 1,000 miles the parking brake still functions as intended and it holds the vehicle on steep mountain slopes.

These brake shoes work as they should, organic is a little soft to be careful when installing not to damage the pad surface. Has great bite once used a couple of times. I really love that this kit comes with a bunch of hard to find small parts as well. Value is right on for the price.

Installed on a 1999 Silverado. Went on easily. Comes with a very complete hardware kit. Kind of a pain to get the shoes on over the axel, but that has nothing to do with the quality of this product. Would definitely buy again if I needed to replace the parking brake shoes. However I hope that is not anytime soon.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Specifically engineered to provide premium performance for everyday driving conditions
  • Application specific semi-metallic, ceramic and organic friction materials with First To Market coverage
  • Shim materials quiet noise, vibration and harshness
  • Consistent fit, form and function including slots and chamfers when designed by Original Equipment
  • Abutment clips and integral electronic wear sensors included where applicable

Description

Raybestos brand Professional Grade disc brake pads feature application specific friction materials for maximum premium performance, safety and stopping ability.



I try to replace parts as they wear out with AC Delco genuine parts for my 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500. These are genuine Made in China ACDelco parts. One side went on ok but couldn’t make the other side fit into the adjusters. Compared them to the original one and sure enough it was too long. Had to grind down about 1\16” to make it fit. The quality just isn’t there anymore. Also replaced the rear rotors and those were also made in China.

Perfect fit on son's 2003 suburban 1500. Very positive parking brake now, holds heavy vehicle on steep grades, like new.

Installed on my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Installing and adjusting these is a bit of a trail and error process, at least it was for me. Thanks to internet forums and videos I got it taken care of. The parking brake is working better than it ever has.

Better than original parts
Would buy again

One fit great other fit very tight had to pound drum in hat rotor on

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment