Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Collinite 476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax-9

Collinite 476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax-9 oz

Collinite 476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax-9 oz

Watched the Chris Fix video on how to super clean your windshield where he used this stuff as part of the process on the outside. Definitely worked! After cleaning, then clay-baring the windshield, applied this wax and then buffed it off when it was ready. Amazing results! It's been two weeks since I did it and the windshield is still amazingly clear and easy to clean off despite the virtual army of bugs committing suicide on my car. DON'T FORGET TO CLEAN THE BEJEZUS out of your wiper blades folks! Did the same process on all my external lights, and same results. Woo woo!

Next is the paint job! Like many folks have said here, use a THIN COAT or omg you're gonna be rubbing forever. LOL

I skipped on many other spray & liquid waxes because I just can't see them being long lasting. I've tried Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax, Meguiars Ultimate Wax and a few other randoms. Although easier to remove, I noticed by feel of the paint, and primarily applying them to my bumper and noting how easy bugs were to remove day by day that they just didn't last very long. Apart from this.. I noticed would keep bugs easier to remove for far longer. It's easy to put on.. obviously. And it's not too easy to take off. Nor would I want it to be. If you put wax on and it just wipes right back off, do you really think it's going to last very long? No. I did also order their insulator wax to use with much more ease inbetween wax jobs using this, just seems quicker to use.

This stuff is the BALZ !

You MUST!!!!! prep the car correctly cause this ain't your dad's Simoniz paste. What does that mean?
Wash, clay/IronX, polish, wax

If you've read other reviews, the KEY is THIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and dont let it dry hard. Do a panel or 2x2 and remove it when
it passes the finger test. Do not apply w/ DA buffer. Get a red foamy applicator and some good polishing towels to buff off.
I then did a machine buff-off w/ a microfibre bonnet on my DA.

I'm tellin' ya, my white car GLOWS it's so nice.

I applied this wax with a Chemical Guys rectangular applicator and was very sparing after hearing all the advice on how to put it on. I did the hood in quarters and then each panel of my Mazda SUV. Removal was via 12 x 14 inch microfiber, super fuzzy towels of which I used two to remove the wax from the entire vehicle and then one last one for good measure as a final hurrah. Application was super easy, dry time was very quick and the removal of the wax was nothing compared to the old paste wax days 25 or 30 years ago. This wiped off the same way you would wipe the polish off of an already clean dining room table. The most intense part of the process is making sure you have every square inch covered as it takes so little wax to cover a panel you want to be sure you're getting it on every part of the surface.

The results were something that look almost liquid. I'm OCD, so I will fool around with the finish of this car in short order, but I can understand that this would probably provide protection for a year. This really added a depth to the shine of a vehicle that came off of an assembly line and not a custom paint shop. Absolutely buy this with confidence.

I have been using the No 476 paste wax for over 14 years now. I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 in dark red and I would never use any other wax on it. I is real easy to use as long as you follow the directions. You must have a clean surface as this product is a wax and not a cleaner just as the directions state. Also as per the directions, you should work on a 2'x2' area at a time and you will not have a problem removing the wax. When I am finished waxing my truck it looks like new again and have many compliments as to just how good it does look. Lasts for months and months also. Cannot say enough good things about it! Best on the market today!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Signature carnauba shine, heavy-duty protection ultimate durability
  • Collinite's longest-lasting automotive Formulation
  • Award-winner in independent tests for endurance
  • Produces lustrous finish while shielding against outdoor elements

Description

A Mr. Collins original, this classic carnauba/polymer blend is also collinite’s most durable. Holds up month after month against harmful outdoor corrosives; UV, rain, snow, salt, dust, dirt, grime, bugs, staining and more. Ideal as a winter wax when both lasting shine and all-season/all-conditions protection are equally crucial. Handcrafted and handpoured in the USA.



I found the wax to be easy to apply and not messy. I used round foam applicators and buffed with microfiber cloth. In the weeks since applying this wax my vehicle has remained glossy, shiny and dust/dirt free to the eye. Water beads very well. I chose this wax because I want it to get me through a northern winter. I applied in mid-October because I didn't want to wait until temps dropped too much lower. This was my first time using Collinite 476. I used a clay bar to prepare the vehicle first. My vehicle is very dark blue. This wax didn't seem to do anything much for my dark paint; the color looks the same as before application I think, but I'm impressed with the quality of the wax and the protection it seems to give. I feel better going into winter with this on my vehicle. I believe this will be my go-to wax from this point on. If it lasts until Feb or Mar, that will just be a bonus.

I got a good work out applying 2 coats by hand and it feels like I barely used any of the 9oz of wax. I used to use the 845 formula of the collinite brand and it lasts anywhere from 3-4 months. After my bottle of 845 dried up I wanted to try 476. Visually the 845 insulator wax is only slightly better with 1 coat. 845 has wetter shine IMO, I know appearance is subjective and there may be variables that I need to take into account such as age and condition of my paint since the last time I waxed . The reason I did 2 coats is because I was able to get a deeper wet gloss and It assures me that I have as close to 100% coverage as humanly possible. After 2 coats I love the way it looks. I will see how this wax fairs the california sun and dust due to the dro0ught and comment on its durability at a later date but am optimistic because collinite themselves say this is more durable than 845 (lasted approx 4-5 months). If you have a large carlike a wagon, SUV or truck I would recommend 845 for the convenience factor.

Pros:
Protection from the elements
Warm carnauba gloss
9oz can lasts a very long time
Remarkable price for the quality

Con
Car needs to be cleaned with pre-wax cleaner (Polishes work too) and Clay bar recommended
After hazing the wax is more difficult to remove than average waxes- water spritz or breath fogging helps remove the wax- use a detailing micro fiber towel.
Tin is cool but doesn't seem air tight. Tin will be stored in a ziplock bag

I’m very much an amateur when it comes to detailing vehicles. Last year I bought a 2016 4Runner deep red color that was a rental. The paint looked well worn for a 2 year old vehicle that had been washed only. I didn’t wax it until this past weekend. After some research I decided on this product.

I also live on a dirt road. My truck sees a lot of highway mileage. I wanted a wax that would keep road dirt and grime off my truck.

Hands down the best wax I’ve used. I’m sure there is an advantage to this wax contains both polymer and Carnauba. Folks who know a lot more about detailing could tell you more about the differences. What I read in my research was that polymer in wax makes the coating last longer.

Don’t let the fact that it’s not a soft solid or liquid scare you away. This stiff it hard like shoe polish. It works great and is easy to apply. I applied and buffed once all around the truck. Then I applied one more coat lightly and went over the truck again with my air powered buffer. Amazing what a difference the second coat made.

I can’t comment on the durability of the wax but it seems like a great product. USA made as well. The tin it comes in looks old school and amazing at the same time

Some “pro” tips:
Use a microfiber sponge to apply and don’t use too much. I did a small circular motion with a bit of pressure. Do one body panel at a time. Apply, let dry then buff.

Don’t let it dry too much. It’s hard to get off. Easier to do a 1 min dry time then buff off.

Get an orbital buffer. It’ll shine your vehicle better. They’re pretty cheap and effective.

If you get some on black plastic trim pieces wipe it off immediately. Use a clean dry microfiber cloth. It’ll all run out just don’t let it dry.

I just ordered my second can to use on my 40 foot motor home. I used one can on half of the coach and am so impressed that I want to complete the job. I first used a cleaner wax and then followed up with Collinite 476. I live in Florida so the sun is brutal on anything outside. I am hoping I will get 6 months protection even though it promises 12 months. From what I am seeing after application, is that the finish is smooth and glassy. The wax filled in where the clear coat is getting thin, (coach is 11 years old) and has made the coach look factory new. One suggestion, use very little and keep the working area small. As soon as the wax starts to haze over, wipe the area with a micro-fiber cloth Goes on easy and comes off easy. I will update this review in 6 months and possibly add a pic, so see how Collinite 476 holds up in the Florida sun

Collinite developed this auto wax with a high concentration of synthetic and grade #1 Brazilian carnauba wax. It is easy to apply, and it doesn’t need any buffing or hard rubbing. I simply apply it in thin,even coat to 2x2 ft. Section at a time. Waited about 30 minutes than polish off with a new plush microfiber towel. It's especially nice when apply to white and light colored vehicles.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment